The mission of the Oklahoma Association of Colleges for Teacher Education is:
- To promote the learning of all PK-12 students;
- To support the quality preparation of effective educational professionals; and
- To facilitate the collaboration among member institutions and stakeholders.
The purposes of the Association are:
- To advance policies and practices designed to enhance PK-12 student learning.
- To provide, through a professional organization, the foundations for coordination and cooperation, and the continuing search for and promotion of ideas and practices which are most effective in the education of teachers and other education professionals.
- To represent the education of teachers and other education professionals before all segments of the public as professions of high calling carrying special responsibilities for the development of competent citizens in the State of Oklahoma.
Consistent with these purposes, the major goals of this organization are similar to the objectives of the AACTE as they apply in and for the State of Oklahoma.
- Unify the membership by developing clear statements, based on evidence and professional consensus, about educator preparation in five areas: standards, curriculum, assessment, accountability, and who belongs in the profession.
- Establish and maintain a credible voice in state and federal policy making, advocating for high quality in student learning.
- Strengthen programs and build their capacity to prepare educators who can teach every child effectively.
- Increase the diversity of education candidates and improve programs’ curriculum to ensure that all educators can serve diverse learners.